Are you tired of battling that stubborn fat? Who isn't! The older we get the more difficult it is to shed those unwanted pounds! Why you ask… Have you ever heard of metabolic health? Today I'm going to help you understand what metabolic health is and some simple steps to improve yours, no matter what your age.
Metabolism refers to a very complex chemical process that occurs within our living cells and it helps maintain our life. It involves turning food and nutrients into energy which the body uses for various functions including growth, repair and my favorite, movement. Metabolism also involves breaking down of the waste products and toxins that we face every day in the air we breathe, the food we eat and now, some of the clothes we wear. It is regulated by hormones and enzymes and plays a vital role in our energy expenditure and overall health. Sluggish metabolism, Sluggish life.
Now that you better understand metabolism, let's talk about how it affects our overall well-being. Having a good metabolism is crucial for maintaining healthy weight and preventing chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease. It is also important in promoting overall vitality.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your metabolic health in check.
1. Take control of your metabolism: the IGNITE Super Patch Balancing calories consumed and calories burned are key factors for maintaining a healthy weight. The Ignite Patch is a non-invasive and drug free technology that helps support energy consumption – making it easier to maintain overall
health. This does not replace the requirements of healthy diet and exercise.
2. Watch your diet: Choose your foods wisely! Try to eat from the earth and not from a box. Add more fruits and veggies, grains, and healthy fats to your daily food intake.
3. Stay active: The CDC recommends that adults need 150 minutes of exercise or movement per week. That may include walking, gardening, organized physical activities… anything that get’s you off that couch or Lazy Boy. Don’t let that number scare you, you can break it down in 10-minute increments! PHEW
4. Make your sleepy time a priority: Getting a good night’s sleep is crucial to keeping your body healthy. When we sleep, our body is actively healing any issues you are struggling with. If you struggle with sleep, check out the REM Super Patch and regain control over your sleep time. The REM Patch is a non-invasive and drug-free technology that may support a balanced sleep cycle -making it easier for the body to maintain overall health.
5. Drink lots of water: Our bodies are made up of 60% water that needs to be replenished every day for optimal function and energy. Wondering how much? ½ YOUR WEIGHT in ounces of water!!
6. Take control over your stress: we all deal with stress and sometime. It can become overwhelming. Stress is one of the greatest enemies to our quality of life. Dealing with it has never been easier. The Peace Patch is a non-invasive and drug-free technology that may improve general wellness through vibrotactile stimulation allowing users to naturally experience improved clarity and calmness. I highly recommend slapping on a PEACE Super Patch and feel your stress melt away.
Now remember that maintaining a healthy metabolism is an ongoing process. It's about making sustainable life such lifestyle changes rather than seeking quick fixes. We are all unique, but we must listen to our body and just uh accordingly. Small steps can lead to significant improvement. Try these simple steps in in your daily routine and see how they help you feel more energized and vibrant.
Stay healthy and have a blessed day!
Active Aging Fitness Specialist