Updated: May 11, 2019
Hydration is a key part of getting rid of toxins, weight loss, energy, and simply staying alive! I cannot go an hour with out a sip of water, as a matter of fact, I carry a bottle of water with me everywhere I go! But I do know that there are many who struggle with drinking water and making it part of their daily routine.
Did you know that we need to drink 1/2 of our body weight...in ounces, of course, of water daily! Scary thought huh? So, if you weigh 100 pounds, your body needs at least 50 ounces of fresh delicious water every day:) Now if you are active, of course that number increases. Remember, you always need to rehydrate after a day in the garden, a good sweat in the gym, and even after a brisk walk.
There are the tricks I share with others to help them increase their intake of water:
1. Get your self a water bottle you love.
2. Figure out how much water it holds and refill it regularly
3. Make it fun! Wear several colored elastic bands around your wrist. Every time you drink up a whole bottle of water, put an elastic from your wriet and place it on your water bottle!. Yes, people will stare and my even question, simply invite them to join you in the Rubber Band Challenge!
4. Try adding fruit, cucumber or lemon to your water! Delicious!
5. Always have 8 oz of water when you wake up, yes, before your coffee or tea.